Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Off Season Shenanigans

Hello All!

One way I like to keep myself entertained in the off-season, when there are no kids around to keep Camp busy, is to play trivia downtown on Tuesday nights.  And guess what team won two weeks in a row!  It's a lot of fun, especially when we have someone in the group that knows the sports questions.  Unfortunately that is not my area of expertise.  I play with some folks from the local library and we share some laughs along with random knowledge and good eats.  I think Camp Henry was there this week, but I can't be sure...

This year's Buckeye Leadership Workshop was absolutely fantastic.  I learned so much!  BLW had an amazing guest instructor named Bil Lepp, a professional story-teller.  I highly urge you all to check out his website (leppstorytelling.com) as well as his CDs, books and videos.  He was hilarious, and taught some great classes about the art of storytelling.

I also learned a lot about being productive and some tools that people can use to help stay organized.  I'm very excited to start adopting some techniques into my everyday routines, like the Eat Your Frog First Rule - get the not-so-fun stuff done first - or the 2-Minute Rule - if it can be done in two minutes or less, do it.  It was all extremely helpful.

Here is a photo of my Think Together Group for the workshop for the week.  They were all so nice!

Photo bombed by the tire.

Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment