Monday, October 3, 2011

My first post!

Yey! It's my first ever blog post!

Whoa, now, don't get too excited. You can jump and wave your arms ecstatically later. A+ for the enthusiasm though.

Since this is my first year at camp during the off-season, I've been wondering - and I bet some of you have, too: what really goes on at a camp after summer ends?

Well, here's a list of ten things that have happened so far -

1. Jalisa and Eduardo (the copier) got into an epic battle, and Jalisa was victorious...eventually.

2. I got into a battle with crazy glue while repairing some arrow fletchings. The glue won.

3. While furniture shopping for our new living spaces, Jalisa haggled with the salesman and offered him a high-five in return for a discount. I think it worked, too.

4. The power went out the day of a wedding. Crisis level Alpha.

5. I learned that spagnum moss is great for sponging off after it rains.

6. Oh the many hilarious answers of elementary students. What state has the tallest tree in our country? Canada.

7. Editing camp's website is Jalisa's new favorite pastime. And saying "This picture needs to be bigger! Where's this camper's counselor? She's unsupervised!"

8. Prom at Camp Newaygo! Next spring we will be rocking out in prom dresses and corsages.

9. Chipmunks take over camp in the fall. Those cute little stinkers.

10. The boat will NOT fit under the bridges to Sylvan Lake. Good thing we didn't try, huh?

So there you have it. Camp gets even crazier when those resident campers aren't around. I think I'm going to fit in here.

1 comment:

  1. Just wait till the snow comes! An FSU alum , like you, will be freezing!

    ReplyDelete