Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Camp Newaygo Zoo

Some of you may not know this, but Camp doesn't usually house animals year round.  Lacy is here full time (that champ), but the chickens, tarantula, rabbits and turtles go home when the counselors do in the fall.  Sad, I know.

But this year that's changed - we have SONIC!  The hedgehog.  I was going to give you three guesses but it would have been too easy.  Sonic (who, coincidentally, is a girl) belongs to Jalisa and keeps us company in the office.  She sleeps during the day, but she gets quite noisy on her wheel at night (how do I know this, you ask?  Weddings tend to last well into the wee hours).  Her stomach is the size of a marble so she doesn't eat much, but so far we've learned that she hates cherry tomatoes and loves pepperoni.

Jalisa has also recently acquired a cat named Nala.  She posted a video on Facebook of Nala going crazy over a lazer pointer.  My cat - her name is French Fry, Kitty, Hey or Quit It, depending on my mood - is nowhere near as playful but twice as cuddly.  Seriously, she must have been a monkey in a past life for all that she climbs on me.  I am not a tree!

So there you have it folks.  All girl animals for an all girls camp. Lacy is no longer the lonely critter guarding the place.  You'll have to come visit us this fall and winter to see our newest additions.  (Which may be growing soon - I'll keep you posted!)

Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment