Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sneak Peek: Buckeye!

Jalisa just returned from a planning weekend in Ohio for the Buckeye Leadership Workshop, and she brought some juicy tidbits for the upcoming BLW.  I've been looking through the session offerings and there's just too many to choose!

For those of you who don't know, BLW is a learning, sharing "workshop" that focuses on experimental learning through recreation.  Anyone 15 and over who is interested in developing or improving their recreational leadership skills can attend.  The atmosphere is welcoming and positive - it's like camp for camp staff.  We have jam sessions, square dancing and mixers, crafts, games, and we learn lots of new stuff to take back with us.  Last year was an absolute blast, and I can't wait to go back in April.

Probably one of my favorite things is the themed evening programs, because you get to dress up.  Last year we dressed up for a space theme, eighties prom, and the roaring 20's.  This year is going to be just as awesome, and I'm already planning out my outfits:  Go-Go Gadget, Go Back in Time, and Go Team.  I'm already a step ahead with my Marty FcFly costume from Halloween.

Check out their website at www.buckeyeleadsership.com for more info, and to check out their featured presenter for the workshop.  April needs to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment