Wednesday, March 26, 2014

M-37 Take Me Home

Hello All,

Around this time of year I get very nostalgic for camp songs.  Also around this time of year I realize I've forgotten some of the lyrics and must remedy that problem immediately.  Luckily I have most of them all written down in my trusty song book, but for the life of me I cannot remember the ending to Ragtime Cowboy Joe.  Any help?

I love the fact that Camp has so many songs that each summer we get to "retire" ones that we sang a lot the previous summer and bring back old faves.  And maybe introduce new ones!  The hit last summer seemed to be "Rattlin' Bog" (or "sphagnum bog" as we call it).  Who knows what this summer's hit will be...

As for quiet time songs, those always seem to get into my head right before bedtime or when I'm driving alone at night.  I miss hearing all the harmonies and the warm starry nights on the patio or the beach with the campers and staff, but I know summer is right around the corner.  I can't wait.

Boy, now that I think about it I know the lyrics to so many songs.  I should make a list - I'm sure it would be over 50.  My head is full of music!

What are your favorite camp songs?

Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment